Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to add Display Logic to Checkbox Group

Level 2

I have created checkbox group with two options. I want to add logic that will display a specific set of fields when a specific option is selected, both options can be selected each with there own set of fields. When I go to Add Logic / Display Logic it gives me the error below. Interesting if I can add logic to a radio button group.

"In order to have display logic please include a radio button, drop down, or checkbox field to the form anywhere above this form item."

Thanks

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, if I'm understanding you correctly, you can't add logic based on certain field selections custom forms. You add logic to the question as a unit, i.e. if a certain answer is selected in question A, show or skip question B. If a certain answer is selected in question C, show or skip question D (or show B again). You can't apply logic to only show certain answer options of a question. This is been asked over the years a lot, I wonder if it'll get worked into the roadmap or discussed with the product team (@jon_chen) . 

In the meantime you can check out @Richard_Le_ 's workaround here.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi, if I'm understanding you correctly, you can't add logic based on certain field selections custom forms. You add logic to the question as a unit, i.e. if a certain answer is selected in question A, show or skip question B. If a certain answer is selected in question C, show or skip question D (or show B again). You can't apply logic to only show certain answer options of a question. This is been asked over the years a lot, I wonder if it'll get worked into the roadmap or discussed with the product team (@jon_chen) . 

In the meantime you can check out @Richard_Le_ 's workaround here.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )