Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Unable a project's actual hours onto a resource estimate report chart.

Level 8

I'm not sure why this isn't working, but I can't group my resource estimate report by the actual hours logged on the project. Does anyone know why this won't work?!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Samantha - actual hours for a resource are not captured on a Resource Estimate object type. Only budgeted and scheduled (which are planned).

Since you can reference the project, you can technically add the project's total actual hours, but that number would appear on each line item. BUT, if you Average, Min, or Max in the "Summarize this column by" option, that might help. I don't know how your report is laid out, but if you want total for the project (and not by role), that might help.

Level 8

@Anthony Imgrund‚ is there any kind of report that will let me get actual hours onto a chart that you know of?

Level 10

Hi - unfortunately, I don't know much about actual hours (we do them in our financial tool and then I mess with the data in SQL). There is an Hours object type, but since that can be at the project level as well as task, I don't think that has planned hours information. Tasks and issue object types would just show you the total for the task and not the individual or role. And while you could can do a column for actualWorkComplete* in an assignment report, it is a calculated column so can't be aggregated or used in charts. :(

I'm hoping someone can help you. I'm sure there are people that have to compare planned to actuals that don't use the utilization report.

*- in case anyone wants that code. I'd recommend also using the Work field in the assignment report instead of planned hours so that you just see two numbers and don't have the "hours" next to the hours.

displayname=Actual Hours

textmode=true

valueexpression={actualWorkCompleted}/60

valueformat=doubleAsInt