Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Turn off timesheets for some users

Level 2

We have just starting using timesheets in Workfront.  About 2/3 of our users will log time, and the other 1/3 of our users will never log time.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to turn off the timesheets for the users who don't log time?

I am able to hide the timesheets for individual users with a layout template, but I am trying to figure out how to keep things cleaner from an admin perspective. Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If they aren't logging time, do not assign them a timesheet profile.

We had all of our users assigned a timesheet profile (even reviewers!! UGhh) and it was generating timesheets for them even though they don't need to use them. I recently had to go and delete so many just to clear my head and allow better reporting. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If they aren't logging time, do not assign them a timesheet profile.

We had all of our users assigned a timesheet profile (even reviewers!! UGhh) and it was generating timesheets for them even though they don't need to use them. I recently had to go and delete so many just to clear my head and allow better reporting. 

Level 2

Thank you - an easy answer!   First step is to remove their timesheet profile, and then second step would be to delete the timesheets for prior periods that were generated, correct?

Community Advisor

Yes but only delete the ones with zero hours. KellieGardner_0-1709764854338.png Otherwise, you will lose historical hour data.