Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Trouble with a grouping

Level 4

I'm applying a grouping to a project report, but it's not working. Any ideas why?

5 Replies

Level 5

Make sure when you're viewing the report the grouping selection at the upper right corner of the report says report default and not nothing.

Community Advisor

I have a user who I watched create two reports with groupings, and neither work for her. Even if I log in as her, the groupings don't work, but when I open the same reports, the groupings are there. I just opened a support ticket.

Level 4

I got some help and figured out what my issue was, so hopefully your user has the same and this will help. When your user has the report opened, have her look in the right corner of the report next to the filter and views. To the right should be another option for groupings and if it says "Nothing" then click on it and switch it to one of the other options to get the grouping to work. I switched to default and now everything works.

Community Advisor

Thanks, Justin! Yes, that was our issue as well and kind of sad, but I never would have looked for that simple of a fix... 🙄

My question to support was why would that "nothing" grouping override what is created with a brand new report? Meaning, why would a brand new task report, created from scratch with groupings, be saved & closed, and then be viewed without the groupings that the user just created? Why would that be the default? I've never noticed that happening in the past 3+ years we've used Workfront, but maybe...

Support advised that groupings will remain consistent across all reports for a single user. Interesting that a new report would inherit the groupings setting of another report, definitely not intuitive. I don't find that happens for views or filters, but again maybe I was just lucky to never had have that happen to me? 🤷‚Äç‚ôÄÔ∏è

Level 10

For filters, no chosen filter will override the default filters set in the report. Filters will only filter the content that appears in the original report. This is not true for groupings.