Expand my Community achievements bar.

Time Reporting

Level 2

I have been tasked by Manager to see if there is a way to Report on how much time passes between marking off specific tasks. Also how much time it takes for users to reply to messages in Updates.

Is this possible? I've never seen a report like this. 

Thank you. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @emilyd4009802,

Reporting on "how much time passes" is a tempting and valuable objective...but tricky.

Using native reporting, one approach is covered in this Going the Extra Milestone post, but it presumes you can "rejig" your project plans to isolate the tasks of interest in order to monitor the duration, and likely wouldn't apply to Updates.

If doing the analysis periodically would suffice, you could save the raw data for either to Excel and then crunch some numbers to calculate (and perhaps even chart) the differences.

Alternatively -- with a customer for whom the ROI would be justifiable -- I would be interested in adapting our UberGantt solution to draw from sources other than Just Tasks so that time delays of interesting could easily be examined in real time from within Workfront, such as:

• the durations between related Tasks (e.g. delay between Task A finishing and Task B starting, similar to what you've described)
  • the time an approval sits on each Approver's desk awaiting their decision (i.e. "with whom are decisions most often getting stalled?")
  • the response times between participants in a back-and-forth threaded conversation (e.g. indicating the velocity and direction of the communication)

If you (or anyone else reading) would like to explore these concepts further, I invite you to connect with me via doug.denhoed@gmail.com.

Regards,

Doug