Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Time Off Calendar Options

Community Advisor
I'm creating a time-off calendar in preparation to introducing this feature into Workfront. I wanted to have a few toggle wildcard options so that users can go to one calendar and see everything they may need. So far I've created the following: Me - Showing yourself My Team - Showing the user's entire home team My Direct Reports - Showing everyone that you directly manage My Org - Showing everyone that reports up into you This could be the same as My Direct Reports if you don't manage managers Someone suggested "My Manager" but I could not figure out the correct text mode for that. So if anyone can assist with that, I'd be very thankful. Also, do you think I need anything else? I don't want to give them too many options, but I want to replace some of the self-built calendaring we've been creating over the years and streamline the time-off process as much as possible. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor
I just wanted to post an update to hopefully get some feedback and ideas. Is anyone else using this new calendar feature and if so, in what capacity? Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Level 10
Hi Monique, We literally just tried this two days ago �� . I set up calendar for a Manager who wanted to easily see his team's schedules. We created recurring Tasks to indicate Flex Time schedules (i.e. someone works four 10 hour shifts and is off every Friday). Same for Remote Days (someone works from home every Monday). And of course their normal time-off. Then the manager can see how his team looks for a given week when someone requests vacation etc. That's all we've done so far. I'm still grappling with whether this is better viewed in Outlook. But they wanted to try it.

Community Advisor
We're using this feature as well, similarly to how you're using it. We didn't add the "Me" portion because they can go into their own time off to see that. But we do have: My Team - although a bit differently than how you have. Since our users that use Time Off are all on the same Home Team, but on different sub-teams, we created a User Custom Form to add to everyone on that Home Team. Then indicated via the custom form which sub-team they are on and created calendar groupings for each team My Direct Reports My Role - showing everyone with the same role Previously we had been doing this manually. We pulled a weekly report of all future time off, then made sure everyone's dates were in a project as a task and pulled those task dates into the calendar. It was a lot of manual effort and we were real excited when this rolled out.

Community Advisor
Thanks Vic this helps. I feel like Workfront should be the answer but until individuals can mark their schedules (start & end time with flex shifts) Outlook might need to be the one source of truth. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.

Community Advisor
I love this idea Heather of capturing team via a custom form. I think we may be able to do something similar to still have one calendar for anyone but let them see just the people they need to see. Thanks, the only reason why we added a "Me" option was so people could easily see their time compared to everyone else's, my users are big on color coding and would flip out if themselves couldn't at least be a different color. Monique Evans Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.