Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

This might sound silly but how is a template connected to a Project?

Level 1

Hi,

I've created a new project and a new template in the sandbox. I've assigned this new template to the project's group (with just me in it).

I'm trying to customize the left navigation area for Project template. The changes made in the template do not reflect in the Project. I'd like to know what I'm getting wrong here.

That's the reason I would like to know how a template and a project are connected. There might be something I didn't get right here.

Thanks for your time!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If I’m reading this correctly you are thinking that the left nav in the project should be the same as the template, but that left nav is not controlled by the template. The left nav is controlled by the layout template assigned to each user (in Setup), so different groups or teams or individuals can all have different left nav controls.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

If I’m reading this correctly you are thinking that the left nav in the project should be the same as the template, but that left nav is not controlled by the template. The left nav is controlled by the layout template assigned to each user (in Setup), so different groups or teams or individuals can all have different left nav controls.