Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

The people section of a project

Level 4

Why does after you assign different requests to different people, they pull through on the project under 'people'?

1. I thought the 'people' under the project are the people part of the team assigned to this project?

2. If I remove those names, does that un-assign them on the requests?

3. Does this also mean all new requests going through this project, all these new 'people' are receiving emails / being notified?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

You could also take a look at the access settings in that project.

Do you want to give them View access to that project or not, when assigned to an issue/a request. Maybe not giving them access to the project could help as well.

Femke_Crijns_0-1694701324635.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there, here is some info about the People tab on a project. This tab isn't dynamically updated if someone is removed from tasks, they don't automatically remove from the People tab. This article will be helpful for you, and here are relevant snippets from it:

- When you remove users from their roles on the project, they remain part of the project team.

- If you remove a user from the project team and the user is assigned to tasks or issues in the project, the user is unassigned from the tasks and issues that are not completed. In this case, the tasks and issues return to the Unassigned Work area in the Workload Balancer.

- Users who are assigned to completed tasks and issues remain assigned even after you remove them from the project team.

- The users that fulfill the following roles on the project are automatically added to the project team and appear in the People section when the project is created:

• The creator of the project
  • The project owner
  • The project sponsor

Users are also automatically added to the project team when they are assigned to the following:

• Tasks
  • Issues

Please upvote this Idea I've put in a while ago to get this People area more dynamic! If you found this answer helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Thanks Madalyn - looks like the your point of 

'Users are also automatically added to the project team when they are assigned to the following: Tasks & Issues' is where it's coming from.

Which part of the notifications would be unticked to keep the person assigned to their requests, but not receive notifications for every other request being submitted from the project? Activate or deactivate your own event notifications | Adobe Workfront

Community Advisor

Hi there, if the users don't want to know every time they've been assigned a new task/issue, they'll want to turn these off, depending on your situation (as long as they have some way to know their assignments though!):

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1694541949454.png

Madalyn_Destafney_2-1694541960706.png

I also suggest checking the template(s) the users are getting notifications on. If you're using a template that has some people in the People tab that are old/no longer accurate, any project you use the template for will still have those folks in the People tab even if they aren't assigned to any tasks, and if they have certain notifications on, they'll get notified from these under Projects I'm On. So check your templates' People tab too.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1694541876518.png

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

Hi Madalyn,

The user DOES want to know when they're assigned to a new issue/ request, but don't want to be emailed when other users are submitting those requests.

Apologies if I wasn't clear.

Because this user is now part of the 'people' tab of the project it looks like they're receiving an email each time a new request is submitted into this project.

Community Advisor

Check if they have this notification on, I bet this is why:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1694808351339.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

You could also take a look at the access settings in that project.

Do you want to give them View access to that project or not, when assigned to an issue/a request. Maybe not giving them access to the project could help as well.

Femke_Crijns_0-1694701324635.png