Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Text Mode Examples

Level 10
@Alison Milbury , Would it be possible to set up a discussion group/thread/section for just text mode examples? There is so much valuable examples scattered through out the community site but it doesn't seem like there is a central place where we can store them, catalog them, tag them with different metadata, etc. I could be way off base but maybe the community can comment with a yay no nay on this idea?? Michael Lebowitz GuideWell Connect
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

30 Replies

Level 10
Outstanding initiative, my friend. Thank you and congratulations for getting this organized. I hearby nominate Narayan as Non Employee Of The Month. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 8
I love it, Narayan!! I'll be sending over some of my notes soon, once I get it consolidated. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
Thank you for the kind words Doug. I'm looking forward to see what the community brings for sharing!

Level 10
Hi Adina. I'm looking forward to seeing your notes! Don't worry too much about the format of the content.

Level 10
Nicely done! Thanks! I agree with Doug on giving you non-Workfront Employee of the Month! :) Admin Kelly-Wehrmann SSFCU

Level 5
Great ideas everyone! We are working on building out the new API documentation site (Don't worry we'll keep the explorer available) In the getting started section I will include a Text Mode examples document and maybe find a way to add a wiki for user updates. I'm also pushing for a Birds of a Feather session at Leap just for the text mode geeks like me :) Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 4
The wiki is a great idea, just please please please make it easily searchable (meaning better search than the reporting forum) with user created tags...I've been cutting and pasting useful text edits from the digest for about a year now since it seem to be the only reliable way to find something again. Thank you. Elizabeth Ross J Jill

Level 2
@Melinda Layten Hi! I second Elizabeth's request for searchability. My OneNote file is full of little Text Mode snippets and is growing very large. I'm also wondering if you could please include a searchable (and exhaustive) list, with detailed descriptions and instructions, pertaining to the various variables, parameters, arguments, etc, that people are using. Maybe this already exists and I just don't know where to look? I can't be the only person who needs this. For example, I can find a little on things like xxx.trueproperty.xxx, but I would love an exhaustive option list that explains exactly what they are (for what purpose were they made?), options for using them, and maybe even a few examples. Or how about esoteric-sounding things like aggregator.namekeyargkey. What the heck is that? :) I'm sure these deal with various objects in the API, but nothing comes up when you search by them in the API Explorer. How are other people researching these? I'm probably missing something. I can sometimes find a few examples -- at best -- and then I have to try to guess how to use them. And frankly, I'm a bad guesser. I'm sorry if this is a newbie question. (Probably is - I'm definitely a noob. But, I'm guessing I'm not the only noob on here that can't find the necessary resources on this). Thanks in advance for your help! Nathan Roberts doTERRA International

Level 5
Nathan and Elizabeth we hear you! We are working to a swagger standard API documentation that will include descriptions, required fields, list details, options, etc. This is a big process that has been sidetracked for a long time. We have been fast tracking it even before I joined in October and I plan to do the grand reveal of the new site at Leap (though I may share beta links early, message me if you want to be included). I'm also working on putting together a Geeks Birds of a Feather session to get us all in a room to share ideas and help me build the best tools to keep growing this community. I also encourage any of you with successful stories of using the deep parts of the tool to put in your sessions in the LEAP call for speakers. We love to have customers share their wins and even do co-presentations where we discuss the abstract and you share the real-world! Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 2
Melinda, Any chance Workfront was able to finish with the swagger documentation? I'm interested if it exists. Thanks, John Albaugh, PMP John Albaugh