Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

task notification

Level 5
Wondering if this type of notification is possible: a completed task notification on a single task to another team not assigned to the project. Like if the last task on project A (by team A) indicates a go ahead and start project B (by project B). Also is it possible to build this into the templates of the respective projects? Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 8
Sounds like 'Task Completion to Task Dependants' under 'Information about work assigned to me'. Notifications operate outside templates, so simply enabling it under 'Setup, 'Email', 'Notifications' should be all you need. Barry Buchanan - WMA Work Management Australia

Community Advisor
Do you use cross-project predecessors? So the first task on project B, doesn't start until the last task on project A is complete. Understanding Cross-Project Predecessors

Level 3
Michelle, does Project B exist before Project A reaches the task that Project B is dependent on? If not, is it possible? If so, I agree with Heather's recommendation. This is the way I typically suggest handling the need to notify that necessary work from another project has been completed. This unfortunately can't be set up by template, as the cross project predecessor is set up using a project ID. It would require that the project planner for Project B sets this up when they create their project. Parker Cantu

Level 5
yes project A & B are created at the same time but it sounds like I am not able to build this into the templates of these projects Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG