Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Task Assignee Permissions

Level 2

I have a question from our stakeholders with what contribute access permission options are available for task assignees within a project.  Specifically, they want their teams to be able to edit their assigned task status, but NOT the actual start/end dates of their assigned tasks.  Is there a toggle for that?  I don't see anything in regards to the actual start dates, I've already run down the list.  I've toggled everything off except for Change Status, which inherently enables the ability to edit actual start/end dates.  They seem to recall it working this way in the past, and maybe it, did but I don't see how to get it to that state anyway.

The "also grant...access to this project" hidden but the options is indeed set to View.  So it's not that.

ryanbrogz1_0-1713296802506.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ryan -

The actual start and end dates are captured by the status changes. Example: If I went into Workfront today and changed the status of a task to in progress, the actual start date will be today and if I mark it complete it would also be today for the actual completion date. So in theory they inherit access to the dates by having the ability to edit the status.

Some options around this would be to "hide" the actual start and actual completion dates from their views and from their task details page via a layout template.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

Hello. I just signed in as one of my designers and they can set the status to 100% without any other access needed. They need to be assigned to the task though. I hope that helps.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ryan -

The actual start and end dates are captured by the status changes. Example: If I went into Workfront today and changed the status of a task to in progress, the actual start date will be today and if I mark it complete it would also be today for the actual completion date. So in theory they inherit access to the dates by having the ability to edit the status.

Some options around this would be to "hide" the actual start and actual completion dates from their views and from their task details page via a layout template.  

Level 2

That's basically how we worked around it in the short term.  Them saying they used to be able to manage the status but not the actual dates rings a bell to me, but I don't see how to make that happen currently.  Thanks for the sanity check!