Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Task access on Workfron templates (locking tasks)

Level 1

I can see this has been raised a few times in the community yet there are no answers from Adobe that I can find. Are we able to lock down/ manage access of tasks within a template? My team are deleting tasks that shouldn't be deleted. It would be great to give them the flexibility to delete only tasks that they are part of. 

Example of previous mention of issue . https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/sharing-template-task-access/idi-p/...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm not sure if this answers your question -- there is a section called "Access" when you "edit template" -- this controls a few different aspects, including the ability to switch off "delete" for certain user types. Just click on the "manage" or "contribute" words, to see whether you can switch off the delete function and see if that's what you need.

Level 1

Thank you @skyehansen. This has helped my understanding although all my tasks are all assigned to roles/teams. So would that mean that only that role/team could make the changes to that their task/s or does it have to be assigned to a person?

Community Advisor

if you read the section more carefully you should discover it’s for anyone. For example, depending where you look: anyone assigned to a task, or anyone with access to the project, etc. It should apply to teams but I will leave it as an exercise to you to test out for yourself. 

Level 1

Great thanks, appreciate your help, I'll take a look.