Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Switching from "Work On It" to "Start"

Level 10

Are there any downsides to switching from the "Work On It" button to the "Start" button for tasks?

Our goal is to automate the separate changing of the task status a worker has to do now (i.e., two separate steps when claiming an assigned task).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

The only potential downside I can see is if you're real concerned about the start date/time of a task assiged to a team.

If a worker goes into the Team Requests and claims several tasks they know they can get done today - they will all have a start TIME of whenever that worker claimed the tasks, not necessarily the time they actually stared working on each task.

If they are only claiming one task at a time and working on that, I see no downside and the automation of not needing to do two separate steps is a time saver.

We've made the switch and having that "Actual Start Time" when the tasks status changes without someone needed to do that extra step is going to be great for reporting moving forward.

Level 10

@Heather Kulbacki‚ , yeah I see your point and mentioned that to the process lead.

But right now because we can't get compliance over the second step of "starting" the task vs. "claiming" the task, it becomes sorta moot.

If that's the only downside, I think we can live with that. We're not anywhere near trying to drive that level of scrutiny right now.

THANKS! 😁