Expand my Community achievements bar.

Summary details in a report

Level 2

I am trying to identify the oldest open request in our queue, but I do not want to see the count. I only want the report to display the Oldest Open Request. Is this possible? The only filters I am  using is Actual Completion Date null and Group ID for the group I am reporting on.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Paula,

It's not possible to configure a filter rule that will look for only the oldest record. However, you could simply sort the results by entry date to show the oldest request at the top of your report. Would that work for you?

If you have entry date in your report view, you can simply click on the column heading and it will sort the results for you.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Thank you Richard. That is actually how my report is set up, but I was hoping for a summary view since I am using the report on a dashboard with other reports and the detail view is too large for the Dashboard. 

Level 10

Hi @PaulaB02,

In addition to the sorting options @Richard_Le_  suggested, another approach I often take is to add a grouping (e.g. on Entry Date by Month of Year; and sorting similarly, for good measure), add a bar chart, and set the default tab for the report to that chart (similar to this).

In this way, users are then greeted with a full set of information that they can then interact with...such as clicking the oldest bar to then navigate to the items(s) of interest.

Regards,

Doug

Ah: this "use a chart" concept reminded me of this other Bubble Chart post from several years ago, and (having now reestablished a link to the short demo video)  might also give you some ideas.

Regards,

Doug