Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Subtract custom field on Portfolio object from sum of actual hours on a Hours report

Level 3

Hello! I am trying to find a way to accurately calculate the real time remaining retainer amount of a portfolio. Our issue is that only certain job roles count against this retainer. These include PMs, Creative strategists and Strategists. I've created a custom retainer field and attached it to the portfolio object. Now I'm trying to figure out how to do the math in a column of an hours report. So far, this hours report filters for these specific job roles and is leveraging the Sum feature of groupings. Now I need to find a way to call upon the overall Actual Cost sum of all of these hours and subtract them from the Portfolio Retainer amount, which I've managed to surface using text mode. Is there any way this could be possible?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Christine,

With the current reporting, I believe the "and subtract them" part will be out of reach, so instead, invite you to consider:

• exporting the numbers you have to Excel and doing the math there (low cost, not counting your time, but extra work)
  • using Fusion or our UberCalc solution to periodically push the sum of the hours of interest into a portfolio level currency custom form (some cost, but then enables you to make the simple subtraction you need
  • using our Budget to Actuals solution to report on the remaining balance (along with % and other information) in real time from within Workfront

Regards,

Doug