Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Stop Users From Deleting Tasks

Level 5

Happy Friday !!

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop users from deleting tasks from their projects?

We have users who continue to delete tasks that had time tracked to them. This causes issues because when a task is deleted from a project after time has been tracked to to it, it changes the hour type to "project time"

We have tried telling our teams over and over to not delete tasks but they are simply not listening. I am hoping there is a setting somewhere or a trick someone has where we can lock it so that users can not delete tasks from projects.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Thanks,

Erica

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Erica Foisy‚ You can turn this setting off globally for any user with a Plan or Work license. Navigate to Setup > Access Levels > Select the appropriate Access Level > For Tasks, click the settings icon next to Edit. This will bring up the "Fine tune your settings" menu in which you can de-select the delete option. See screenshot here.

If you have any questions, let me know!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Erica Foisy‚ You can turn this setting off globally for any user with a Plan or Work license. Navigate to Setup > Access Levels > Select the appropriate Access Level > For Tasks, click the settings icon next to Edit. This will bring up the "Fine tune your settings" menu in which you can de-select the delete option. See screenshot here.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Level 5

AMAZING!!! Thank you @Nichole Vargas‚ ... I had a feeling it was possible but for some reason could not find the right setting. Appreciate the help and quick response.

Level 2

Hi Erica,

There is also a separate setting to not allow deletion of tasks and issues that have time logged against them. If you go to Setup -> Project Preferences -> Tasks & Issues -> Deletion and uncheck the box for "Allow users to delete tasks & issues with logged hours". no one will be able to delete tasks and issues with time logged against them.

Level 5

ahh!! Yes, Thank you Anna :) With both of these in place, this should be exactly what I needed.