Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

specific task report

Level 5

is it possible to make a report for different tasks in different projects? if i want to report on task 20 in project a, task 1 in project b, task 55 in project c and task 16 in project d

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Michelle,

You could attach a custom form to the tasks that you want to report on which has a simple tickbox field. You would then simply create a task report and filter based on this custom field.

I often do this where I want to surface particular tasks to execs in my reports. I created a field called 'executive interest' and when it is ticked on certain tasks, these tasks automatically pull into my task report and are visible to the senior leadership team.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Michelle,

You could attach a custom form to the tasks that you want to report on which has a simple tickbox field. You would then simply create a task report and filter based on this custom field.

I often do this where I want to surface particular tasks to execs in my reports. I created a field called 'executive interest' and when it is ticked on certain tasks, these tasks automatically pull into my task report and are visible to the senior leadership team.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

@Richard Leek‚ this is exactly what i was looking for and the exact use case i am looking to fulfill. thanks so much for your response

Level 7

Thank you @Richard Leek‚ I had a similar idea I was playing with and hadn't come up with a solution myself either!

Level 3

I use this similar approach to have tasks show up in a certain order on a dashboard report. Assigning the custom field with a number, I then sort on that field.