Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Solving for NWE latency? Anyone have success?

Level 9

Hi! Question just as stated. Our WF instance is slllooooooowww. We've had multiple tech calls about it, checks with our IT and WF's IT and no solution as to what is causing it.

Has anyone had any self-serviced luck in fixing this? It seems especially difficult over screen sharing. I'm attempting to just view the hours area of a project and it's click-wait-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-click-refresh-wait-1-2-3-4-5-click-wait-refresh-click-1-2-3-4-finally.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

16 Replies

Level 10

I have a ticket in too and nothing beyond a "we know, we're working on it."

It's very frustrating not knowing when, if ever, this will be resolved.

Level 2

We are being told it is our security firewall that is why it is so slow. I find that hard to believe when so many others are having the same issues.

Level 10

I'd call B.S. on that answer because:

1. It's slow even ouside a corporate firewall.
  2. Even if there were some truth to the answer, WF should be designed with draconian corporate firewalls in mind given their sales pitch to…drum roll please…corporations. Especially since they pitch to companies in finance and CPG, which are known to appoach security with high levels of paranoia. ;-p

Level 2

We are experiencing similar issues and I have entered support tickets. I keep hearing improvements are coming - however, I am not seeing improvements related to NWE being so slow. I am receiving more complaints from the users asking that we go back to Classic. I am disappointed with the current status based on the recommendation to switch due to no future improvements to Classic, and support ending in 2022. Hoping we see improvements soon!!!!!

Level 4

Same story here. We have been engaged with Workfront support off and on for almost a year. Our current ticket is from Sept of 2020. We are now working with our internal network people, since the evidence seems to suggest that the issue is on our side. This is based on traffic reports provided by Workfront. Has anyone seen significant improvements either from Workfront code updates or configuration changes on your network?

Level 4

We have the same issue and also had numerous calls about it. Nothing changed, it is still slow. The only option you have is to make dashboard with only a minimum set of information, as more reports increase the delay.

The recommendation we got was to create an improvement idea and let customers vote. I didn’t do so, because “please ensure your product works” is not an improvement, it’s the basis of everything.

Level 9

I thought it was because our classic environment was still active. However, it's not and I'm fielding more and more complaints from managers that WF is unresponsive.

I don't think WF could have anticipated the impact of the NWE lag with so many various scenarios for customers. I am surprised however that this hasn't been escalated - its certainly turning off our end users from wanting to use WF.

Level 4

I was told it is because they are heavily working in the system to create new features etc. - so actually some kind you good sign of upcoming improvements.

Level 10

To me, "working on new features" is not "working on stability and performance."

"Performance" is not flashy, but even big companies like Apple occassionally have releases that focus on the boring under-the-hood stuff. Really starting to feel like WF needs to take a time out on the features and instead go for the tune-up.

Level 4

@Kevin Quosig‚ : fully agree but I don't want to give up hope.

It has been worse, we felt some improvement in late 2020

Level 9

Thanks Manuel. That would be ideal but unfortunately our challenges are even more basic - getting the 'tasks' screen to load in a project or getting 'search' to work.

Level 10

My solution is to go back to Classic until it's fixed!

Employee

Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback. My name is Bryan Pino and I am the Head of Engineering for Adobe Workfront.

First, I want to let you know that we hear you and I hear you. We are aware that there are several nagging issues with the new Workfront experience (NWE) with respect to both performance and usability and we know those issues are frustrating to you and your users. I want to personally thank you for continuing to provide your feedback on your experiences with our product, so we know from you what you’re seeing and what you care most about. Second, please know we are absolutely dedicated to providing our customers with an intuitive and optimized experience we are already doing several things to help and have more in the works.

For some broader context, since we launched NWE last year, we’ve been analyzing performance data, customer usage patterns, and talking to users directly to create a data-driven approach in determining where to focus our efforts to improve the user experience with NWE as much as possible. With that data and feedback, we identified some core areas to improve the usability and performance of the application and we set out to address these issues by making usability and performance one of our highest priorities in the product roadmap. As a result, one of our primary focus areas for the next few releases will be a blend of usability and performance optimizations throughout the Adobe Workfront application.

Recently, we have delivered improvements to increase performance on all pages of the application and other improvements specific to the update stream. The upcoming release this week will include improvements specifically addressing performance in the new requests area and creating and editing tasks. Performance improvements will be delivered for lists (issue lists, project lists, and task lists) and overview and details pages will be coming soon as well.

Additionally, all our releases in 2021 will incorporate usability improvements related to common interactions like:

• Improving navigation and findability for objects within the application
  • Sorting and filtering more easily
  • Adding, editing, managing and monitoring work
  • Reviewing and approving documents and proofs

The bottom line is we have a lot of current and planned work related to performance and usability and you’ll see these improvements as we roll them out through the remainder of the year. As always, we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on what you’re seeing and how we can continue to improve.

The best way to share feedback about the NWE is inside the application, via the “give feedback” button under “Help” in the navigation. If you are experiencing severe latency issues, please submit a support ticket. This will help us troubleshoot the source of the issue, and Support will also be able to raise the ticket to our product teams with the right details and information so we can work to correct the issue.

Thanks again for your support. I look forward to delivering these important improvements and continuing to improve your experience with Adobe Workfront.

Employee

Hi everyone, thank you for all of your feedback. My name is Seth Finch, and I am one of the senior Support members at Adobe Workfront, focusing on the new Workfront experience (NWE).

As a Support team, we have processes in place to escalate this specific type of feedback so we can identify any potential issues and work to resolve them. Please know we are absolutely dedicated to providing our customers with an intuitive and optimized experience. You do not need to submit an Innovation Lab idea for this, as we are actively working on addressing this in our product roadmap.

If you are experiencing severe latency issues, please submit a support ticket. This will help us directly troubleshoot the source of the issue. If our Support agents cannot help solve the issue, they have a process internally where they can escalate this to our product team with the right details and information so we can work to correct the issue. We will be reaching out internally to ensure all of our Support agents understand this process to make sure we keep it as streamlined as possible for you.

Thank you again for your support. We look forward to delivering these important improvements and continuing to improve your experience with Adobe Workfront.

Level 10

I can tell you without submitting ticket that everything in the waffle (main) menu is pretty much useless. Instead of selecting "Users", "Projects", "Reports", etc. I have to use a User, Project, Reports, report instead.

It isn't that it's slow because "slow" will load eventually, it's that it stalls... forever. Some things will never, ever, ever load without multiple refreshes. Not even if I give it an hour to load (which I've done).

This is not something our support rep can fix as it seems pretty random but in a 50 times a day sort of way.

Level 9

@Bryan Pino‚ & @Seth Finch - inactive‚ - I greatly appreciate you chiming in here and giving us your feedback on how this is being worked on. This is one of the things I value most about the Community is the candid feedback - pro and con.

That being said, can you provide some advice as to what you're specifically looking for when you want our feedback?

ex. - what type of object we are working in (or do you want the specific item) - how big the project might be, is there custom forms on the object, what kind of connection we have (wifi / wired), if we're on VPN or not, if we're using other applications, what our access level is...etc.

I applaud the support team they have been through all the things they can think of (with me), but we've received no additional insight as to what can fix it.

I'd be happy to send supporting information you can use to help troubleshoot.....but at the same time, spending multiple calls on support each day isn't ideal when trying to meet deadlines. I'm not sure that was worded as well as I like, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to convey.