Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Simple(?) report that counts the number of active projects in a Portfolio

Level 4

Hi all - I'm looking to run a report that will show the number of active projects within each Portfolio - INCLUDING Portfolios with 0 active projects. We would like a way to identify Portfolios that are no longer being used.

Thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amy,

A simple project report grouped by Portfolio Name would display the project count for each portfolio. You could also add a secondary grouping on project status to show all active / inactive projects. However please note that a portfolio would need to contain atleast one project for it to appear in your report, it wont include empty portfolio's.

You can also add a column to your report to show the last update date of each of your projects. Seeing that all of the projects within a portfolio have not been updated in the last 3/6/9 months is a sure way of knowing that a portfolio is inactive!

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Amy,

A simple project report grouped by Portfolio Name would display the project count for each portfolio. You could also add a secondary grouping on project status to show all active / inactive projects. However please note that a portfolio would need to contain atleast one project for it to appear in your report, it wont include empty portfolio's.

You can also add a column to your report to show the last update date of each of your projects. Seeing that all of the projects within a portfolio have not been updated in the last 3/6/9 months is a sure way of knowing that a portfolio is inactive!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Last Update Date! I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you so much for making me look at this in another way - this should work perfectly!