Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Showing Percent of Total on Matrix Report

Level 5

Is there any way to show the % of a Total on a matrix report? For instance (see example image), if I have total planned hours by program, can I show the % of the total for each program? Getting the total planned hours for the program is easy enough, but I haven't been able to find a way to include a percentage.

Example Matrix Report - Project Hours and Percent of TotalExample Matrix Report - Project Hours and Percent of Total

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

@J_Mas 

Give a try in matrix settings while editing report;

Kundanism_0-1681288742192.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

@J_Mas 

Give a try in matrix settings while editing report;

Kundanism_0-1681288742192.png

Level 5

Hey @Kundanism , in my (admittedly brief) experience with the Show Value Column button, having it turned on in the Matrix Settings just gives me a column with the name of the value already being displayed (not an actual value). So in my above screenshot, if I turn on Show Value Column, I end up with a new column called Value between Program: Name and Project: Aligned Group that just displays the words "Planned Hours (Sum)" for every row. Are you implying that I should be able to use that setting to somehow see a percentage instead?

Level 10

Just an idea @J_Mas , cannot we create a custom field which can convert hours in to percent. I haven't tried yet but thinking in this drection too.

Community Advisor

I would risk saying that if all programs are part of the same portfolio, than maybe you can setup calculated field on program level that would calculate that %of total value.
it can definitely be done if you think of requests/task VS total in a project.

I don't work with programs that much so I'm not sure