Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Showing a specified custom form (By Name) as a Pop Up Link

Level 3

Hi everyone,

Hoping to solve a minor issue with a reporting column that is (almost) perfectly useful.

When reporting on which custom forms are attached to a task, you can use something like this in either a report or a view:

Text Mode

displayname=Custom Forms On Task
linkedname=direct
namekey=category.name
textmode=true
tile.name=component.objectcategories
valuefield=customFormsNames
valueformat=HTML
viewalias=category.name
width=100

I would be amazed to hear if anyone out there has been able to figure out how to check if there is a specific custom form included and attached, but only give the link to the form specified?

I am thinking the logic is something close to IF({customForms}.{name}="Special Project Form", {customFormsNames}.{Special Project Form}, "") 

I have a few situations where giving a link to a popup spot to edit data on a custom form is awesome, but it displays ALL of the attached custom forms, rather than just the form I would want someone to be able to edit in that way. Unfortunately the other custom forms also have to live at that level, and have unassociated information, so I can't move them elsewhere, or consolidate everything into 1 form, because then the UX/UI would contain a bunch of non-applicable information for the person editing via popup.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I once killed an hour or two trying to get this as well. I feel your pain. Pretty sure it isn't possible at this point, but good luck if you do try.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I once killed an hour or two trying to get this as well. I feel your pain. Pretty sure it isn't possible at this point, but good luck if you do try.

Level 10

Hi @JMitchell44,

I agree with @skyehansen and (since popping up the fields of interest isn't possible) suggest you instead consider creating a view that has only those columns of interest on it so users can then easily and immediately edit the data (e.g. "to the right").

If you want to get even more efficient (and fancy), perhaps you could also create a filter that returns only the tasks that need  to have the data entered (i.e. that have the "Special Project Form" of interest.

Regards,

Doug

Hey @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore & @skyehansen

I have a few clients that love the pop out feature. I think in future builds the single-object popout text mode will have to play into the calculus... If I can manage too keep an entire task level to just one form per team/group and add in some some skip/display logic magic I think I can make this work.

I appreciate you both going to take a look and validate. This is probably just going to be one of those things I ask about early and often now.

Thanks,

John

Community Advisor

My 2 cents, for all that's worth:

I haven't been thrilled with the lightbox (popout) functionality to be honest. It's been a while since I've gone in to look at it, but what I mentioned to them a few years ago was that in the lightbox, fields appear to be truncated and you couldn't hover over the answer to get the full answer. (picture a dropdown field with long answers. The answers all come in with ellipses so you can't really read them)

Also if there were multiple forms listed, none of the forms were expanded (I would have assumed that at least the first form could be expanded).

In my line of work (I have to look at the custom form on an object a lot) I use both the lightboxes and the details page, and the lightbox is only good if the answer is short, and I'm able to get at it quickly. Otherwise I prefer a link to the details pane.

Level 3

RE: Short answers, that's exactly the use case I am thinking of if offering this as a solution. Either single field dropdowns with short picklist values (Abbreviations/Acronyms) or Text/Number fields that take short inputs.

Great for that, lackluster for everything else because the popout is so small.

Appreciate the conversation and verification!