Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Show Text option selected in a report's Column rules removes field editability in final report

Level 2

I have a report that pulls a field from a custom form to populate one of the columns. The field is editable by my users in the report. If I set up a Column rule to highlight the line item a certain bckground colour based on an if statement, and select the "Show Text" option, the column becomes uneditable. Why is that?

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 9.19.27 AM.png

  Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 9.22.06 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@joshawajones This is intended behavior, based on the language in the documentation article, Use conditional formatting in views. When you choose to display custom text over the original field value, the system is not able to recognize that you want to edit the original text. What you may want to do, is add the column twice to your report (one with conditional formatting, one without) so that you can edit the original text in-line.

Language pulled from the documentation article:

Important: Selecting Show Text disables the ability to inline edit the text in this column.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@joshawajones This is intended behavior, based on the language in the documentation article, Use conditional formatting in views. When you choose to display custom text over the original field value, the system is not able to recognize that you want to edit the original text. What you may want to do, is add the column twice to your report (one with conditional formatting, one without) so that you can edit the original text in-line.

Language pulled from the documentation article:

Important: Selecting Show Text disables the ability to inline edit the text in this column.