Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Shipping/Tracking Information on a Project

Level 3

I'm looking for a way to upload shipping/tracking information to a project and have it be a field I can report on, and/or possibly generate an auto-email notification to an external user. Is this possible, or any other suggestions?

2 Replies

Employee

This is my memory from a couple years ago, but I think @Monique Evans‚ did something with tracking numbers in her instance... Monique, are you still doing anything related to tracking numbers at all?

Community Advisor

Great memory Kyna!

Yes we are using Workfront to keep track of shipping/tracking information. When we first started it was a custom form and the in-house printer would fill in the fields. We have reports that easily pull "Tracking Number" so our stakeholders can quickly see the information without opening the project.

Since then we have upgraded to our Fusion implementation that is pulling the information directly from the printer software into Workfront so no one has to copy/paste by hand. We also have an automated message that tags the project owner and sponsor on the task and lets them know their (project type) has shipped on (date) and here is the tracking numbers ____.

Hope that helps!