Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Share programs by licence

Level 8

I'm currently building out programs for training by license. I want to be able to share those programs only with people who have that licence, but other than making new groups I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a way to share these programs with users by licence? And how do I create a report where users can see programs shared with them? Anyone have any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Similar to what Chuck suggested instead of making another team and having that list get astronomical I've chosen to create unique job roles just for sharing purposes and sharing access through that. I find it easiest to maintain.

As far as a report to see programs shared with them, a user can only see what's shared with them so a Program report that filters to show all programs will only provide the list of programs shared with the individual looking at the report. For an admin it would be every program in existence but for the everyday user it should be a much smaller list.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

The easiest way to do this is to create a team just for sharing. You could do this with a group as well. But there's no way to share based on license, so this is the best way available. If you had a team or a group for the purpose of sharing programs, you could create a user filter or grouping based on license type, then select all the results and add them to your sharing team via bulk edit.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Similar to what Chuck suggested instead of making another team and having that list get astronomical I've chosen to create unique job roles just for sharing purposes and sharing access through that. I find it easiest to maintain.

As far as a report to see programs shared with them, a user can only see what's shared with them so a Program report that filters to show all programs will only provide the list of programs shared with the individual looking at the report. For an admin it would be every program in existence but for the everyday user it should be a much smaller list.

Level 3

Samantha, Monique is right. You can also use job roles for sharing, and for large numbers of users that would be easier to maintain. Thanks Monique!