Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Seeing who from a role does and doesnt have assigned work

Level 4

Hello community! 

I am looking for a way outside of the workload balancer/planning (so a report) to see everyone within a specific role(s) who does and doesnt have work assigned to them. I don't need to see the exact tasks or project or anything, literally just who "is working" vs "who is not" at this moment. 

So overall, an example, a way to see if we have 20 people in a role, and 18 of them are on active work and 2 are not. 

Any thoughts?

Tim 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I was recently trying to do something similar and couldn't find a way to do it while being able to see see zero values (those unassigned). You could do an assignment report and group it by job role but then you won't be able to see non assignees and you can't reference anything useful from a job role report that I've found.

What I ended up doing was a user report, filtered by job roles and then I was able to add a custom column for workitems that shows tasks they are assigned to and then we can see if there are blanks for users.

displayname=Assignments
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(workItems).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=task:name
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I was recently trying to do something similar and couldn't find a way to do it while being able to see see zero values (those unassigned). You could do an assignment report and group it by job role but then you won't be able to see non assignees and you can't reference anything useful from a job role report that I've found.

What I ended up doing was a user report, filtered by job roles and then I was able to add a custom column for workitems that shows tasks they are assigned to and then we can see if there are blanks for users.

displayname=Assignments
listdelimiter=<br>
listmethod=nested(workItems).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valuefield=task:name
valueformat=HTML