Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Run a report on Calendar owners

Level 4

Hello - is there a way to run a report that shows you all the calendars and who the owners are? Since Workfront considers it a kind of report I thought it might come up in a report about report owners but they didn't. I appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have not found a way to report on calendar owners - or which dashboards a calendar might be added to. But both would be super helpful!

We've recently had 2 users leave our instance who had created several of our calendars. So before deactivating those users I had to figure out which calendars they created, who they had shared those calendars with, and which dashboards those calendars were on... Then copy each calendar, reshare it, and replace it on dashboards.

I was able to limit which calendars I had to look at to see if each user was the owner by logging in as them and only checking those calendars they had access to.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have not found a way to report on calendar owners - or which dashboards a calendar might be added to. But both would be super helpful!

We've recently had 2 users leave our instance who had created several of our calendars. So before deactivating those users I had to figure out which calendars they created, who they had shared those calendars with, and which dashboards those calendars were on... Then copy each calendar, reshare it, and replace it on dashboards.

I was able to limit which calendars I had to look at to see if each user was the owner by logging in as them and only checking those calendars they had access to.

Level 4
Thanks, Heather Thanks for the response and you confirmed what I thought was the answer. I appreciate your help. Michelle Michelle McAnelly Program Manager, Platform Implementation M 612 209 2226 MMcAnelly@paraport.com Pronouns: she/her/hers parametricportfolio.com<>

Community Advisor

@NicholeVargas my reporting pal, are you able to provide insight on this? Are we all not seeing a way to report on calendars by owner? I want a report that shows me any calendar owned/created by a deactivated user, and a column for who the calendar has been shared with (to know if it is even needed/needs to be recreated). I know Share With should be simple, but not seeing any way to filter in anything about calendars.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Hi Madalyn,

I saw your note and wanted to share that the only option currently is using the API.

We met with @PatrickMu1, PM, back in February on this topic and provided feedback to share that the expectation would be to have reporting on calendar objects, just like report reports. To expand upon this thought further, as objects are created in Workfront, the logical expectation is that the ability to create reporting on those objects will be a close follow. Patrick indicated it sounded promising like he agreed most Workfront customers would have this same expectation and would benefit from being able to report on calendar objects. Since this meeting, we've been monitoring this item with our Assign Support Engineer and our most recent update is: development work hasn't begun yet.

Perhaps if more customers voice their interest, then it will help to get the development underway.

Thanks,

Lauren

Employee Advisor

@Madalyn_Destafney Like everyone else has mentioned, calendar reporting is not currently available as it only exists in the unsupported API  I have a running "wishlist" for reporting product enhancements and meet with the team regularly to discuss, so I will be sure to resurface this ask to see if we can get it added to the roadmap!