Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Roll Up Milestones to Single Line

Level 3

I've got a milestone report for projects to do portfolio planning across all projects. But, I'm being asked if the milestones can roll-up into a single line item on the Gantt chart with icons at each milestone. So, instead of the project header, then subtasks for each milestone, can the project header show the full timeline of the project in the Gantt with the milestone icon at each appropriate timepoint on the Gantt chart line?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @MarkTEvans,

I suggest you try using the "gear" button on the native Gantt View to toggle Milestone Diamonds and/or Milestone Lines on or off, which might meet your "roll up into a single line" requirement.

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1678116088684.png

Alternatively, if you need more control (e.g. over the appearance, sorting, level of detail, colors, page size, etc.), I invite you to consider our Roadmap solution, which lets you tag existing Tasks with data driven bar colors, fonts, and icons to efficiently generate real time professional Roadmap reports at various levels of detail.

Regards,

Doug

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @MarkTEvans,

I suggest you try using the "gear" button on the native Gantt View to toggle Milestone Diamonds and/or Milestone Lines on or off, which might meet your "roll up into a single line" requirement.

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1678116088684.png

Alternatively, if you need more control (e.g. over the appearance, sorting, level of detail, colors, page size, etc.), I invite you to consider our Roadmap solution, which lets you tag existing Tasks with data driven bar colors, fonts, and icons to efficiently generate real time professional Roadmap reports at various levels of detail.

Regards,

Doug

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use