Expand my Community achievements bar.

Requester License

Level 2

Hey! My manager and I are looking into the functionality of the requesters license. Essentially what we want is someone to be able to submit a request to START a project in WorkFront but not be able to see all the backend things when they log into WorkFront. Does anyone have any good information on that or any how to's? All I have found is how to create a request queue for an already existing project.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

You can create a project with nothing else in it but a request queue; we like to think of it as a "master queue."

In our case, requesters use that queue to create a request (aka "Issue") and have set-up permissions, layout templates, and dashboards that limit what the requester can see to just their requests and some basic progress information.

Those issues are routed to project managers (aka Planners) via Teams. The PMs on that team can claim a request by converting it to a project, or to a task on an existing project.

We do not let requesters see the project, task lists, etc.

The "how" is more involved and I hope someone here can give you more generalized (or succinct?) instructions than I could. We've only been live since last October and "locking down" WF can be a chore since WF's model is "let everyone see lots of everything." We're learning as we go and I doubt I could remember every nuance of our setup.

But it can be done!

Community Advisor

When you create an Access Level, you can select the Request license type, then select what they have access to within that license type's access. Here's a screenshot of one Access Level we have with the Request license.

We've limited them to NO access to projects, tasks, portfolio, and reports. They can create an issue through a request queue and add documents. Further within the issue and documents settings icons, we've limited them to be able to create and share both, but not delete

Looks like we've given them access to create filters, views, and groupings -- but no access to those things you could add a filter, view, or grouping onto - so that one probably doesn't matter.

Scrolling down, outside of my screenshot, we've given them NO access to most everything else. We did give them access to View Users, but then within the settings icon on that button we have not given them access to see contact information for any users.

0690z0000098GI2AAM.jpg

Level 10

Correct Anna Grace,

Since, among the License Types, Requestors can request Requests, but only Planners can create Project, you could either 1) get more Planner Licenses, 2) change your process to include a Planner converting Requests, or 3) consider our UberForm solution, which would allow Requestors to initiate Projects (or write your own routine with Fusion, if you have such technical folks available).

If you’d like to learn more about UberForm, I invite you to email me at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com.

Regards,

Doug