Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Request Queue for Report Requests

Community Advisor

Do you have a request queue where internal clients or business partners can request a new report be created for them? What fields do you include on your request form to get all the necessary information out of them?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Heather - I just have a Workfront Help Desk Queue in my instance and people use that for bugs, report requests, how to's, and enhancements. I keep it very broad as they might not know all the terminology for Workfront. I do ask that they upload an example of the report they are looking for whether it is excel, PPT, a picture of a sketching, etc. Just something to get the conversation started. Then I definitely meet with them.

Because there is so much information in Workfront, I find that there needs to be a conversation to make sure that we are building something that will actually help.

Can't tell you how many times someone has asked for a "project report" and then you realize it is really a task, document version, or assignment report you really need, just with some project info on it.

Community Advisor

Thanks Anthony! That's the direction I was leaning, leaving it very broad for those same reasons you mentioned.

Level 7

We have something like that, yes. Like Anthony, we stay away from WF terminology but we do ask questions that help us internally prioritize who goes to the front of the queue. For example, is this report for a single client or client agnostic? Is it related to trying to close a successful sale?‚ Is this needed one time, or solves an ongoing need? Do they have a mock-up? Is it a tweak to existing, or something totally new? (That one will save you a LOT of time, you'll find out all they want is Team X's report grouped differently and don't know how to use groupings etc )

Katherine‚