Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Request Queue Field Logic (portfolio/program)

Level 4

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is possible but it's worth the ask.  Is it possible to create logic on a request form that limits the potential options of a follow question on a form when a previous field on a form has been selected?

Case in point, I have a field that the requestor selects from a drop-down menu that displays all of our active Portfolios (not a typeahead, but a custom field that is associated with each portfolio, with the portfolio name and abbreviation). The following question is a typeahead field that will display active programs when the requestor begins to enter the name.  As you can imagine this is ripe for user errors.  I wanted to know if it's possible to limit the number of active programs displayed based on the selection of the previous custom field?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've worked on a similar use case before, and the way we approached it (right or wrong) was to have a type-ahead field for each portfolio's programs, and only show the typeahead required based on their portfolio selection. Unfortunately, you can't dynamically filter the typeahead based on another selection, so this is what we ended up doing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've worked on a similar use case before, and the way we approached it (right or wrong) was to have a type-ahead field for each portfolio's programs, and only show the typeahead required based on their portfolio selection. Unfortunately, you can't dynamically filter the typeahead based on another selection, so this is what we ended up doing.

Level 4

how were you able to limit the number of programs popping up just to that particular portfolio?