Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Reports - grouping tasks by multiple teams assigned to a task

Level 4

Hi All,

Now that WF allows multiple teams to be assigned to a task, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to group these tasks by teams in reports. Currently I can only group by the first team added to the task, but I want to capture the work for each team assigned (even if it double counts the task in the report).  Has anyone figured out a way to pull this off?  Appreciate the feedback.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In my example, I have used Team>>Name. In the following screenshot there is a task with two teams assigned:

Screenshot 2023-03-24 164002.jpg

In an assignment report, I get two entries (one for each team)

Screenshot 2023-03-24 164412.jpg

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Seth,

You will be able to achieve this with an Assignment report type, grouped by Team name. 

Assignment reports show a line item per assignment. So if you had a task assigned to two teams, two items would appear on the report (one for each team).

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 4

Thanks Rich, this looks like the way to go.  However, I noticed that quite a few of my tasks are being grouped under "No Value" even though there is an actual team assigned to the task.  Where is the "Team Name" or "Team ID" field pulling data from?

Community Advisor

It's pulling their Home Team in their profile or Other Teams (whichever you've specified).

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 4

I checked their account and they have a home team that isn't displaying.

Community Advisor

Looks like you've sorted things out with Rich, but it may be that these assignments (issues/tasks) are not assigned to Teams, but rather to individual users.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Hi Seth,

The team ID or name should be pulling from the team(s) that are assigned to the task.

On your assignment report, are you filtering for tasks only? (i.e. taskID is not blank). Assignment reports pull in any kind of assignment, whether it be a task or issue. What you might be seeing are issues in your report that do not have a team assignment.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 4

there are teams assigned to the task but still show up as unassigned.  I notice there are several teams fields to choose from, which is associated with the actual team assigned to the task?

1.  Task >> Teams Assigned
  2.  Team >> Name
  3.  TeamID
  4. Assigned To >> Team

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In my example, I have used Team>>Name. In the following screenshot there is a task with two teams assigned:

Screenshot 2023-03-24 164002.jpg

In an assignment report, I get two entries (one for each team)

Screenshot 2023-03-24 164412.jpg