Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Reporting and charting on Queue topics and custom field in one report - total number of requests

Level 4

We are currently in the process of going from multiple request queues with queues topics to one queue with a custom form. The queue topics were based off of product types and we were using these to report and chart on number of requests by product type. With our new queue custom form, the products types are now embedded in the form as a multi-select field. As we move to this new queue structure is there a way to report off total requests by product type off the old queue structure (where product type is a queue topic) and the new queue (where product type is off custom form field)? So, get total requests from both? Can we Aggregate in some way?

I created two calculated fields to pull in the Topic Group from the queue and the Product Type from the field to help with reporting. How do I take these fields and create a chart showing number of requests submitted for each? Can I create another calculated field and combine them into one field?

Any help or ideas on this is appreciated. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

are we talking about a lot of requests? I would almost say just put the same product type field in your current requests and update them to match the queue topic and have done with it.

Level 4
Hi, Skye Yes, there are quite a few requests because we’d have to go back a couple of years but this is an idea I haven’t thought of and could work. Thanks, Michelle Michelle McAnelly Program Manager, Platform Implementation M 612 209 2226 MMcAnelly@paraport.com Pronouns: she/her/hers parametricportfolio.com<>

Community Advisor

for my own instance, the reason I would prefer it rather than the calculated field approach that you are taking is because you're leaving one way of working -- permanently. So you're implementing a field that has no relevance in your current process. Better to just bite the bullet and save yourself one additional field to maintain. :-)