Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report Showing Project Status Change

Level 2
I am trying to create a report that displays which user changed the status of the project and when for auditing purposes. Has anyone else done this? Thanks! Erica Erica Abenroth Rli Corp.
16 Replies

Community Advisor
Following, I'm trying to create a similar report. I'd like to display the current status and the date the project changed to that status. Heather Slater Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

Level 3
We'd like to have something similar: Time in status by parent task, if possible. We want to know how long a story sat in a particular status on our Kanban board. Michelle Yard Manager, Marketing Operations Insperity Houston, Texas

Level 10
We would also like to have a report like this - showing when a project status changes, the date of the change & who made the change! I have tried to create this report in the past, but have not had any luck. Marie Kelly The MetroHealth System

Level 4
A note report on the auditText is your go to report here. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 10
Melinda, Can you post the filters? I need this as well. Thanks. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
hi @Melinda Layten , This report isn't working for me. There simply aren't enough records, and I'm not sure why. I have the same filters as you: noteObjCode_Mod=isblank auditText=status auditText_Mod=cicontains This is only pulling up 90 notes, and we have well over 6000 projects in the system. With no date constraints we should be pulling up at least 6000 records. It feels like auditText is either not pulling up project statuses or not pulling up specific project statuses. Is this the same for everyone or should I submit a helpdesk ticket? -skye

Level 8
Skye - I used notblank, and I got a lot of results: noteObjCode_Mod=notblank auditText=status auditText_Mod=cicontains Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 10
Hi Skye, I suspect you might need our "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=ca5e7ae0-4cbe-49f6-ad4c-8bbcdf17f683&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer#bmca5e7ae0-4cbe-49f6-ad4c-8bbcdf17f683%23bm0">Nessie DNA Reactivation solution. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Ah: but also agree with Adina, and recommend trying notblank first. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
thanks @Adina Pierce and @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore -- I get 44000 records if I go for not-blank noteObjCodes and as near as I can tell, these are all(?) task or issue status changes (hence my question about whether that was just the way it works or if there's something wrong with my system). I was playing around with trying to figure out a way to show dates of project status changes for canceled/on hold projects. -skye

Level 10
Skye, You are correct. All returned results are Task or Issue status change - none are project status change - thus the problem remains unsolved. I opened a ticket and Workfront does not currently have that functionality - for the user to be able to report on the status change of the project. Uggh and double Uggh - management asked me for a report just yesterday morning - my response - Workfront limitation. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
thanks for that, Benetta! I guess if people really want it, it sounds like Doug's Nessie app is the way to go :) For our side, we had one team specifically asking about canceled/on hold projects, so I am able to get them close with a task report (it shows their completed tasks in projects that are on hold or canceled, and no further ability to filter past that unless they give me extra parameters) -skye

Level 8
Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realize it doesn't include project statuses!

Level 4
When the note is on the project, it's noteObjCode is Blank which is why you are only seeing tasks and issue is you set the filter as NotBlank. This is for status changes, so new projects still in default statuses won't appear. You may need to look at some other note objects to see if there is other wording that you need to capture beyond the word status. Finally if your status changes are happening automatically, especially completion that isn't a change being made by an individual and I'm not sure how that is audited. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource - 2018 Workfront Services Partner of the Year Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 8
Interesting that it works that way, I would have never guessed! Thanks!

Level 10
Cancel and On Hold project statuses are definitely set manually--I did a search on "cancel" in audit text and couldn't find anything listed at all. Oh well... thanks anyway! -skye