Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Report row height

Level 1
Is it possible change the height of a row (without change the width so it is not a window zoom) to be able to display more lines in one page?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10
Hi Christian. Interesting question. Workfront wraps text in a table cell, which is standard HTML behavior. So, knowing that, you can coerce the height by adding a column with a known number of soft-carriage return characters in it, and every row will be (at least) that high to account for that cell. I've uploaded a screenshot to illustrate. Regards, Doug

Level 1
Dougs, thanks for the suggestion but, unfortunately, I've to do the opposite; I need to reduce the height of the row (ideally character size and space over and below it) to be able to visualize more rows on a single page. Any idea?

Level 10
Yes, Kathy Leeman provided a solution to minimize the height of rows in a list report on this post , Christian. Regards, Doug

Level 1
I saw that, but that doesn't change the height of a row, only limits the number of words in that row. In my case I've one word per row and needs to change the "height" of the row. Other suggestions?

Level 10
Hi Christian. I'm struggling to picture what you're trying to accomplish. Would it be possible to upload an example contrasting What You See with What You Want? Regards, Doug

Level 1
I try to explain again, if this doesn't work I'll figure out how to make some pictures; below numbers are only to explain the concept. Example: on a report that has 40 rows I can see on my full screen only 20 rows (they use all vertical space) and then I've to scroll down to see the other rows. What I'm looking for is a way to see all the 40 rows on my screen at one time (without the necessity to scroll down and without the zoom function "Ctrl + -" of Explorer). It's like, if you use excel, change the "row height" parameter. Thank you.

Level 3
I wanted to chime in on this old string since I was struggling with the same issue - too much space between my rows in a shared column. I've stumbled across something that seems to do the trick...it looks like it depends on the order in which you share columns. At least with the handful I've tried. I realized that when I kept sharing columns with the "primary" one (where I wanted the data to live) as I added them (in addition to the 2 "format" columns to account for column name and field format), that the line height was larger. However, when I adjusted my steps to account for the 2 format columns before I added them to the "primary" column , the row height was fine. Here's what I did so hopefully it makes sense: Add 3 blank columns for 1) column name, 2) column value (here I'm using my custom January Goal field), 3) closed bold tag so that the value is not bold (the field was defaulting to a bold font). Note that I'm using quotes below because I've noticed the community site strips the code when you post. First blank column: valueformat=HTML value=" "" "January Goal:" " Second blank column: January Goal custom field - add as normal Go back to the first column and add sharecol=true 3rd column: textmode=true value=" " valueformat=HTML Go back to the second column and add sharecol=true Now that I've ended up with one January column, I go to my primary column and add sharecol=true. I then did the same methodical steps for February, March, etc before adding them to the primary and the rows have normal line height between them. Just something interesting I noticed and wanted to share. Big thanks to @Scott Sax and @Narayan Raum and the information they shared on the below post last year - extremely helpful in learning finer nuances of text mode! Post: Column Sharing in Report https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=1d8558... Ondina Sturges Everyday Health Inc

Level 4
Cheers! Scott Sax Loyola University Maryland