Expand my Community achievements bar.

Report on what Projects Workers are on

Level 2

Hello,

I know this has been addressed at some level in the past but I can't find what I need to put it all together...

I have a Director who wants a report showing all our Designers (task level workers) and the projects each one of them are working on. The Designers being assigned tasks, not projects, is making it difficult to so cleanly. The goal is to see a list of projects per worker, ignoring the number of tasks on the project. I have tried Project reports, task reports, and Assignment Reports. Each has its own limitations. The Assignment report got closest but still, of course, shows everything in terms of the tasks assigned which makes the report much longer than needed. Any ideas?

So, the idea is something that would look kind of like this:

Designer Name A

Project Name

Project Name

Designer Name B

Project Name

Designer Name C

Project Name

Project Name

Project Name\

------------------------------

Thank you!

Tim Vasilovic

------------------------------

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tim, To solve this Project User Count challenge, I invite you to read through Project report by assignments this related thread to entry 10, in particular, which will then (spoiler alert) take you to "https://www.atappstore.com/App/wfpro-user-project-count/Default.aspx" this solution , in case it's close enough for your to use or adapt to your requirement here. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
Hi - I have a few directors like this. However, I still went with the Assignment report and just have him collapse it. One of the wonderful I'm so excited for in the 2020.1 Release is that we can now pick which groupings are expanded and collapsed. So I can do this... It is a small thing but will make my directors soooooooooo happy. Because they can see all designers, the project names, and only if they want to the tasks. Also, a little something extra my directors have liked. I have included in the report Planned Start and Planned Completion for the task and then did Min for Start and Max for Completion. So in a grouping, it kind of gives them an idea of the length of time needed for a project without all the task stuff if they don't want it. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 2
Hi Doug, I did indeed find that thread and grabbed that solution before posting. It gets me oh so close to what I want but just short of the actual desired result. Just thought I'd double-check and see if there were any new developments since that thread. Looks like that Report you provided with a little adjustment will be what I use! If only the numbers on the groupings could either go away or reflect the project count... maybe one day! thanks for the report! Tim Vasilovic

Level 2
Yes! that auto-collapsing will be handy. The other issue I have is the report getting auto-emailed out is all auto-expanded and gets a little lengthy when the user just wants to see the Project titles and has to scroll through all the related task names. Tim Vasilovic