Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Report Development for 2 Step Process with some Conditional Filtering

Level 3

I am trying to create a report based on a two step process. The data to report on are record counts of two different date-based custom fields, contained within the same task.

I want to report on the total number of tasks that had Step A completed on, say, yesterday, and also report from those, how many had Step B completed today. Added bonus would be a percentage calculation that could also be graphically displayed % = # Step B Completed Today/Total Step A completed yesterday.

In slightly different language:

how do i report on the number of jobs completing step B on a certain day, filtered for only those jobs for which Step A was completed the day before?

e.g.  10 jobs had Step A completed yesterday.  of those, 9 had Step B completed today.  column 1 = 10 count, column 2 = 9 count, 90% calculated field, ideally presented in a combo grouped column (A total, B from yesterday's A total), and line graph (%).

I also need this to be a rolling time-period.
Happy to try out suggestions, report back and refine as needed.  

I have very limited text-mode and programming experience.

Thanks for the awesome Workfront Community!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Only fields set as number can be summed so a date field is not something that can be summed.  However, you could potentially use prompts to get dates you want to make your dataset manageable and be able to see what the 2nd date field is showing.  You can export the report to XLS for some add'l magic, not ideal, but Workfront is not Tableau.  In the report below I asked for all Test Date 1 (custom field) items completed on 1/21/23 and had Test Date 2 (other custom field) in my view so I could see when those were complete.  I provides an overall total at bottom, again, can't sum a date field to get a total so the calc field becomes a bit difficult may be possible with textmode but didn't go that far.

TestReport.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Only fields set as number can be summed so a date field is not something that can be summed.  However, you could potentially use prompts to get dates you want to make your dataset manageable and be able to see what the 2nd date field is showing.  You can export the report to XLS for some add'l magic, not ideal, but Workfront is not Tableau.  In the report below I asked for all Test Date 1 (custom field) items completed on 1/21/23 and had Test Date 2 (other custom field) in my view so I could see when those were complete.  I provides an overall total at bottom, again, can't sum a date field to get a total so the calc field becomes a bit difficult may be possible with textmode but didn't go that far.

TestReport.png

Level 3

Thank you for these details, i look forward to exploring this more and trying it out.