Expand my Community achievements bar.

Replace strings in PDF documents based on fields in Workfront

Level 9

Hello,

I know, that this is not really a specific Workfront nor Fusion question, but perhaps someone of you has done something similar.

We have a bunch of marketing materials as PDF files, with placeholders for dates, locations and so on. 

So I would like to create custom forms im Workfront to order such a document giving those parameters.

Now I would like to automate the process of replacing the placeholders in the specific PDF-file by the given parameters. 

I know, that in Fusion there is a connector for Adobe PDF services, but I am not sure, that this is the right solution.

Does anybody of you does something similar using Adobe PDF services or any other service?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi @lgaertner,

Yes, our Magic Reports solution can be tailored to your exact specification, injecting your Workfront data into professional layouts that can be saved in pdf, tiff, Word, Excel, or even PowerPoint format.

I’d be happy to discuss your specific requirements further via email at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Lars,

We have a similar automation but used the Microsoft Word template to fill out the document using the JSON structure.  Its weird as the Adobe PDF services, if you do a create PDF function wants a .doc or .pdf file and I found the .doc file worked pretty good, but the PDF structure should as well.  We did create a custom form for users to fill out data and use that info to populate the Word template.  Below is a sample of the Fusion flow and what the JSON looks like in the Word doc...just make sure your names for your Workfront fields match exactly what you put in the PDF doc (if you get error trying to create the doc, many times its a space that may have copied over...i had that happen to me).  

SOWFlow.pngSOWTemplate.png