Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Repeat delivery of empty reports?

Level 5

I know reports set up on repeat delivery used to deliver even if the report was empty. But I have a user saying they are no longer getting the empty report deliveries since the last release. Has anyone else seen this?‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

We are still getting empty report deliveries as of this morning.

Level 10

If anyone knows of a way to get this behavior intentionally (does not send empty reports), I'd love to know since we'd have a couple of uses for automatic report delivery if this was the case. 😁

Level 5

Further to this, I am also interested if the behavior to intentionally not send empty reports is there, but with a follow-up question to the group:

I want to set up a weekly automatic report delivery to multiple recipients that would only send the report to the specified users IF Assignment contains that user. That way, the users only get the report if it pertains to them. They do not get the report if there is no directed assignment to them that week. All of the issue assignments would be contained in a single project shared with these users. Is this possible?

Level 4

Hi all, just spotted this. I don't think you can avoid empty reports being sent in Workfront but I did find a crude workaround (from someone else on community) to this issue that has worked for me in certain circumstances.

Given lots of people rely on their email notifications to prompt them to go into Workfront, I use the functionality within Outlook (i guess other email systems can do the same). The report is sent to a central email account which only forwards the email on to target users if there is an attachment present (as empty reports are sent with no attachment).

It doesn't stop the empty reports piling up within Workfront, but I've found it useful for reports which only populate when there's something to review and possibly a custom field to update, going to people that don't go into Workfront regularly. Using the repeat functionality I can also get the report to resend every few days until the custom field has been updated an the report is blank (due to the filters) as a reminder.

Hope that makes sense and may help you or others on this discussion.

Richard