Expand my Community achievements bar.

Remove Prefix before currency

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I need some help. Is there a way to remove a prefix from a currency when a report is exported to excel.

Workfront was able to show me how to remove the prefix in Workfront, but when I export to excel, it still shows up.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Amina O.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you want the currency showing anywhere in WF or do you just have this info as a custom form field and it's not pulled into any kind of finance fields in WF? If not, you could consider making this field a Number field format instead of Currency field in the custom form it's in...

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1694464303009.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Madalyn,

Thank for your response.

It is being pulled into the finance field. The report I have is actually a breakdown of planned hours and hourly rates. We want to use this to forecast planned costs.

what currently exists in Workload balancer is either hours or costs, so I had to build a report that contains both. 

Thanks

Amina O.

Hi (again) @AminaOy,

Since you've now mentioned that you're trying to forecast planned costs, you might also be interested in this How To Manage Your Margins post, too, which is among my favorite topics.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Hi @AminaOy,

I believe that Workfront adds the prefix when more than one currency is involved (i.e. to segregate apples from oranges), so suggest you try filtering or prompting your report to return only projects of the same currency before then exporting to Excel, in which case I'd then expect no currency prefixes to appear.

I'm interested to hear how you make out, and if need be would be happy to chat about other alternatives via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug