Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Radio Button won't default

Level 1

I have a radio button that has Yes or No as options. I want the field to default to "No". I have it set to do so and it is filled in on my previews but it is not working on the actual projects the form is attached to.  Any ideas why it isn't working?

I checked the field defaults and all of the forms it is on.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Do you have the custom form you're referring to on relevant project templates? If you have it on project templates with values already selected at the template level, any project created with the template should carry over those values. Are you seeing otherwise? 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

The field currently has to be filled in by the assignee as it won't default to "No".  The value they enter is staying with the project so that is working as expected.

I have checked the default setting multiple times and still won't work on new projects.

Level 1

I am seeing otherwise. It does not default on new projects.

Community Advisor

If the form is already attached to your projects, changing the default value of the field will not be applied to the field on those projects. The default value is only set on new records going forward. 

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Employee

Based on the replies, please consider submitting a support ticket so we can troubleshoot why the default is not working for you.