Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Task with primary key value(s) not found"

Level 2
I am trying to re-arrange a task within a project and am receiving the error below. I've tried on multiple different projects and also tried removing predecessors/adjusting dates. Is anyone else having this issue or has seen this before? Thanks in advance! Kasey Boegler loanDepot
15 Replies

Level 8
Hi Kasey, I created a case with Workfront for the same thing. I was told it's something they're aware of, but a fix hasn't been released yet. You can reference case 00162763 if you create a ticket. Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 2
Awesome, thank you very much! Kasey Boegler loanDepot

Level 3
I think the issue was resolved because I havent seen the error since late last week. It was so frustrating while it was happening. Fingers crossed it is resolved

Level 10
It happened to me again yesterday afternoon. When I shut down the browser and opened it, then it worked. That happened to me on 2 occasions this week. I rarely need to drag tasks, and this week, when I am actually trying to do it, it's not working... such is life.

Level 3
I jinxed myself. It happened again yesterday. We have some on-going projects that get project breakouts (tasks with child tasks) that need to be rearranged. This error is huge deal to me. Workfront...any news on the fix?

Level 8
This is still happening for us. We've noticed that if a task has a milestone attached, removing the milestone allows you to move the task without the error. Similarly, if a task doesn't have a milestone attached, associating one with the tasks allows it to be moved. Maybe a work around is just making a small change on the task, moving it, and then reverting the change? Are others still experiencing this or found good work arounds? Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 2
It seems to be working for us so far today! Fingers crossed.. Kasey Boegler loanDepot

Level 10
I am still getting this error. The only way I can drag tasks is to leave Chrome, open it up and then I can drag ONCE. The second time I drag I have to close Chrome and open it again. It's not the most efficient way I've ever worked! Jill Ackerman

Level 10
I also have users reporting this behavior and will open a case with Workfront. Thanks, Narayan Narayan Raum Workfront Delivery Lead - SunTrust Bank https://wf-pro.com for Text Mode & Solutions

Level 10
I have several users who are experiencing the error. A cache clear resolves it temporily but it usually comes back and the users are very frustrated. I've opened a case and linked it to Kasey's. David Cornwell

Level 7
Hello everyone, We do have a defect open for this issue. If you have not yet, please submit a support request so we can tie it to our existing defect. We are expecting to push a fix for it to Preview soon, and hopefully production soon after that. I do not have an exact ETA, but if you open a support case, our support team can keep you up to date on any progress made on it. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 8
Hey @Dustin Martin - any reason this isn't on the known issues page? ( https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Known-Issues ) Or am I misunderstanding what the known issues article is used for? Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 7
Hey Kirsten, It was a bit of an oversight. We've made some changes to some internal processes, this one fell through the cracks. The expectation as of this morning is that this issue should be fixed Thursday morning in Preview, and production by EoD if everything passes manual and automated tests. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
Our support person told us this should be in a patch thursday so we should see it sometime on Thursday Sept 26 in PROD. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 7
Hiya Katherine, I know your support person well... =) We did deploy a patch to Preview this morning, and are anticipating the patch for production to be deployed tonight. If anyone has any questions on why there is a delay in the patch process, please contact our support team and we'll be happy to assist. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront