Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

questions about fields on custom forms

Level 3
I am a newbie. Sorry if I should know this. Appreciate help greatly! Can I set a default value on a field? (So it has a value filled in when created, but it is editable so I can change it)? Is there the concept of "inherited" values? For example, if I create a Custom Form for an issue/request which will be created within a project, can some fields within that form inherit values from the Project it's being created against? Can I do both the above on any type of field? Mavis Moon Santa Clara, CA mmoon@pivotinteriors.com
4 Replies

Level 10
HI Mavis, Definitely yes on #1. When you create the field click on the settings (gear) on the selection and Select By Default. See attached. For #2 it gets more difficult. I haven't done it, but I believe it's possible if you use calculated fields in the form (but then they won't be editable).

Level 3
Thank you! It looks like a default is only possible in a choice field, correct? I don't see that capability in text or type-ahead or other types of fields. Mavis Moon mmoon@pivotinteriors.com

Level 3
No apology needed! Appreciate the response! Mavis Moon mmoon@pivotinteriors.com