Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proofs not loading issues (new and legacy viewers)

Level 8
Is anyone else experiencing issues with proofs not loading in the integrated system? For about 2 months, we have users report that when they attempt to open a proof using the new proofing viewer they get an error "Proof not loaded try again." When using the legacy viewer, the screens opens up to solid gray. If we close the window and reopen, the proof opens fine. I've been working with our Workfront Support person, but he and the development team have been unable to replicate it on their side. I was leaning towards the possibility that it was our network, however I've encountered the same issue at home on my personal computer and network. Workfront suggested it's our network, so I have opened a ticket with our internal IT, however I am curious if anyone else has had the same problem. Side note: this was happening prior to the 2018.2 release. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial
15 Replies

Level 10
this has started happening to a couple of users in my system, post-18.2 We are all on the HTML viewer. I haven't submitted a ticket since it's so sporadic that we can't replicate it. Basically we get the error loading it and the "try again" option but if we use "try again" it always errors out. The only solution is to close out the proofing window, and then re-open the proof from scratch. -skye

Level 4
Yes we have had similar problems. Just last night the designer loaded a 3rd proof on top of version 1 & 2, no problem. It sent to everyone. However, the designer tried to open it and it just went to the screen where the versions should show, and it was a black screen with a spinning icon. She was able to see version 1 & 2 on that same screen. I had her delete the file and reload. That worked. I also had a contractor come back this year and we reactivated her license, she too had the same trouble. Entire proofs not loading, then we got a software update for her iMac, and then she could load but not open. So the help person on her ticket unchecked the box in her profile for "User can generate proofs" and saved that, then we reopened, checked that she could create proofs again and it fixed the problem. I was told sometimes the proofing licenses disconnects itself from the person on the back side of WF and this was the fix. I tried this on the problem last night and I am not sure if that fixed it or the removal and reinstall of the proof. My ticket number is 1160011 if you want to attach yourself to it. Samantha Senior Specalist, Creative Services 817-424-2186 **please use the "forward", if replying to a question about an attachment.

Level 3
We are getting this on our proofs. My users are becoming frustrated that they have to close out and re-open the proof. Sometimes that will work and other times they still get the message "Proof not loaded try again." We are new to Workfront and my users are starting to squawk about using Workfront. Hope this gets fixed soon! Pat Howay Traffic Manager Marketing Office: (248) 312-5229 5151 Corporate Drive ▪ Troy, MI 48098 patricia.howay@flagstar.com ▪ "http://www.flagstar.com/"> flagstar.com This e-mail may contain data that is confidential, proprietary or non-public personal information, as that term is defined in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (collectively, Confidential Information). The Confidential Information is disclosed conditioned upon your agreement that you will treat it confidentially and in accordance with applicable law, ensure that such data isn't used or disclosed except for the limited purpose for which it's being provided and will notify and cooperate with us regarding any requested or unauthorized disclosure or use of any Confidential Information. By accepting and reviewing the Confidential information, you agree to indemnify us against any losses or expenses, including attorney's fees that we may incur as a result of any unauthorized use or disclosure of this data due to your acts or omissions. If a party other than the intended recipient receives this e-mail, he or she is requested to instantly notify us of the erroneous delivery and return to us all data so delivered.

Level 10
Yes, we're seeing the same issue. Opening a ticket. Polly Co

Level 1
Yes. We have this same issue too. Marissa Hindman The Henry Ford

Level 2
Yep. Same issues and more. Robert Campbell Tractor Supply Company

Level 3
Yesterday, I had a user come to me with this same issue... did any of you find out what the cause was, or find a solution to the issue? I was unable to replicate the issue, so I am leaning toward it being an issue with the user's machine and/or our network, but also hoping I might find some confirmation here :) Thanks! Mike Perez Tailored Brands

Level 10
For us, if the user clears their browser's cache, that fixes the issue. :) Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 8
Mike, Workfront said they released a fix on 9/11 to resolve the problem. However, we had a report yesterday of another instance. I'm waiting to see if he has anymore and if so to get a screenshot with the Console open so we can see the error message. Anthony, I don't think we tried clearing the cache, but I'll definitely recommend that to the user who has experienced this the most. Wendy White AmeriCredit Financial Services, Inc. dba GM Financial

Level 3
Thanks for the replies! The cache was my first thought too, Anthony, but the user that complained to me is a front end web dev, and he is clearing his cache many times a day, so he and I both agreed that probably isn't the problem in his case. I didn't realize there was a fix out for this recently, but I suppose it isn't working for us, at least, since the complaint came through this week. I think I may be opening up a ticket soon myself. Mike Perez Tailored Brands

Level 4
Was there any update on this issue? One of our user's today is experiencing this issue. Whenever she opens any proof (any project, any version, any doc, new or existing) she is getting the error message "Proof not loaded. Try Again". She is on a Mac and using Chrome. She has been a user for around three years and this has never been an issue. She's restart her computer, logged out of Workfront, we've removed her proof licenses and then reapplied it. Any thoughts? Denver Lemont Cardinal Health

Level 1
We are having this same issue in Chrome since Friday, 11/16. However, it is working correctly when using Firefox and IE. A ticket has been opened with Workfront if you would like to reference when you contact Workfront - Support Request #1172788. Chad LeVake Securian Financial Group, Inc

Level 4
We were able to figure out the issue. In the browser settings, somehow cardinalhealth.com/proofhq was blocked. We were able to unblock the site and everything started working again. We believe this was caused from a browser update. Denver Lemont Cardinal Health

Level 10
For me, when they turned on the new proofing tool the defaults about which tool would open changed, and then the ability to update the defaults was removed from my instance. I called support and they put the default setting options back in and by experimenting with the variations I was able to get everyone (almost) happy. Nobody is happy that it takes 2 clicks to see an email – because I didn't make the desktop proofer a default as that was causing other issues when viewing a PDF.

Employee

Our customer is facing the same issue with a browser of Chromium 98.0.

Is anyone still facing the same issue?