Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proofing best practices - How do you post the final document?

Level 7

Scenario: You posted a proof and it had some minor changes. You made the minor changes. It doesn't need to go through approvals again but you want to post the final version. When you post it, do you:

A) Post a new version of the file and tag the person to know it's done and they can download it for their use.

OR

B) Post a new proof version and instead of them needing to approve, you make them just reviewers.

OR

C) Something else? I don't know what that would be but I didn't want to limit alternative options :D

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

we have integrated workfront and proof (not standalone proof) and for us the project or task/issue object drives everything. So if you have uploaded the final, you would complete the task or issue and the requestor would be notified through this action. Several teams also have a system of marking the final file, whether that's by naming convention or document custom form, and reports are provided that list all the finals. (e.g. our planogrammers have a report showing final files by display date, which is basically a task report filtered on a task status that provides a collection column reading the documents in each task for ones that are final).

Community Advisor

Similar to Skye's process, the project and task/issue drives everything for us as well. Once the new file is uploaded, the user marks their "revisions" task complete, then the project manager gets a task to "Provide final files" to our internal business partner. However, rather than uploading files to the task itself, every project template has a folder labeled "Final Files" that those files are uploaded to.

Employee

Another thing to consider is do you need to maintain a full version history of the proof in Workfront? Does every version of the proof, and the final, need to be "bundled" together? Or is it OK if the final version is separate from the proofs of the work in progress?

Level 10

Our finals are only recorded as an upload to a digital asset manager (not Workfront's). We only use WF for change cycles and approvals…the "final" never ends-up there. Well, except as an accidental byproduct of a round of approvals where no changes are requested. The DAM is the system of record for final artwork.

Level 3

I wish there were a button in WF that would allow for download/delivery of the final, approved, clean file to the original requestor.