Expand my Community achievements bar.

proof stages

Employee

If i have multiple stages 1, 2, 3 set up in an automated proof workflow and one automatically triggers the next once approved, if stage 2 is deleted, can the system know that stage 1 should now trigger stage 3 without having to update the stage details manually?

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Pam if you remove a stage, like 2, from your proof workflow, when stage 1 completes it will notify stage 3 folks as usual.  There's also an option in the proof workflow to activate stage if you wanted to make stage 3 folks able to take action before stage 1 folks finish.

Level 4

Piggy-backing off this thread.

I use a pre-determined workflow. One of the reviewers in that workflow wants to look at the proof AFTER our copywriter leave comments. How do I set  it up so that "Dave" will be notified that there is a proof needing his attention after "Sam" sets his approval status?  

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Linda, you would update the pre-determined/automated workflow to add another stage after the copywriter review that sends to "Dave" as review/approver so he's notified.  You'll see a button to Add Stage.

ProofStage.png

Community Advisor

IF the workflows are locked down, you could share the proof, click on Proof Workflow, the 3 dots to share then fill in and it creates another stage for you and sends out the proof.

ProofAftStage.png

Level 2

Dear Kurt this is the closest thread I found to my actual question.
I have a slightly different question.
Automatic proof template with:
(1)-creator uploader
(2)- Approving dept A   ==>    (3) - Approving dept B

In the first round dept A approved and dept B asked for changes.
Creator uploaded a new version V2 and canceled step 2  because did not need another approbation from dept A. 
Now step 3 was NOT automatically triggered but paused as If still waiting for step (2) to be completed. There is a small button "Activate Stage", but I would like to know if there is a way to set the proofing template to automatically activate step (3) in case step (2) is deleted.

Community Advisor

MarcoDona -

When the uploader creates the v2 proof, they deleted (2) so under "Activate Stage" for (3), it would be best to select "When Proof is Created" that is essentially the "automatic" way to have step activated even if prior step was removed.

Level 2

Hi Kurt, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, if I choose "Automatic" and use the same predefined template used for the first version (v.1) with 3 steps, if I delete step 2 there is no way to select the Activate Stage "When Proof is Created". It seems a choice set in the template that cannot be changed.
The only option I am offered in the stage settings is to set a deadline.
(see pict)
Immagine 2024-09-27 111501.png
Anyway thanks to your hint I have solved in a different way, I opened a new "automatic" template with empty stages and I set a new automatic stage with "When proof is created" (a little bit tricky process, had to switch back to "basic" and then "automatic" otherwise I had only predefined templates to choose from)
This preserves the versioning numbers (v.1 - v.2 - v.3...) and tracks the different workflows used for each different versions.
This solves it, so thanks for the hint
Marco