Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof HQ changes the design when item is uploaded

Employee

A document was uploaded to Proof HQ and the proof version is formatted differently. The header font was changed and the header text broke in a different place than on the actual document. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a "best practices" document format to upload (ex. pdf) so that the proofing tool doesn't make adjustments?

Thanks,

Rachelle

4 Replies

Level 10

We've never seen this before, and we use alot of fonts!

What is the source document? Ours are Illustrator or InDesign, but was wondering if yours were MS Office (like Word).

Employee

Hi Calvin,

It's a powerpoint presentation file (pptx). Maybe that's the problem...

Level 10

I mean, it's a PDF, so it shouldn't be a problem. But I wonder if PowerPoint isn't embedding the fonts, thus outside whatever Workfront uses for it's standardized font set it has no idea how to render your font.

Hopefully some PowerPoint gurus are watching and can give tips…

Level 10

Proof really can’t handle documents that aren’t pdf or jpg types very nicely. I even noticed yesterday I turned a web page into a odd using a screen capture tool and it acted more like a jpg even though it was a PDF (no T tool). What we do is put PowerPoint or word documents in sharepoint and link them to the documents tab and ask everyone to use Microsoft comment tracking instead.