Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Proof approval triggering automatic task completion

Level 2
Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to set up an automated process that links a proof to a task, so that when the proof is approved, the task is also marked complete. Does anyone have experience with this? Thank you! Danielle Brown Compass
6 Replies

Level 6
Hi Danielle, This is one of those things that 4+ years later (after Workfront bought ProofHQ) it's still painful that it doesn't exist out of the box (unless I'm really out of touch which the capabilities) You could use the API's to do this, but not everyone has the resources for that. If you do, you can likely use "http://api.proofhq.com/home/callbacks/setproofcallback" http://api.proofhq.com/home/callbacks/setproofcallback to call a server you set up when a proof decision is made, then use the Workfront API to find the associated task and complete it. I haven't actually done this, but it looks like it should be possible. Sean Sanders London Drugs

Level 7
Yes, this is what I wish we had! We ended up just taking the task for proofing off because it was just a hassle to micro-manage so many steps. We also have a 'status' for proofing – so it would be nice if that would be updated when a proof is active. Without that status, it is just not very clear if there is a document proofing or not.

Level 6
We're going to attempt something similar using Fusion. Like @Sean Sanders said, it's a bit ridiculous that this isn't an out of the box feature, and requires an additional software purchase to achieve without having to write full API scripts. If you do have Fusion, then this sounds like something you can set up as a FLO. Maddy Martin

Level 2

Maddy, has your team successfully done this with Fusion? It's been 3 years, and WF just released a roadmap for this feature and it won't be ready for another two years.

Level 4

I don't currently utilize proofing, but we *do* have a Fusion scenario that takes images linked from Dropbox (living in a "Links" folder on the Task) and on a Task Status change to a custom status, actually adds these images to the Task in a "Downloads" folder (based on the Dropbox filename and filepath that Workfront already natively captures) and it changes the Task Status for us.

We change it to "Files Requested" so it triggers Fusion and then when Fusion has done its bit it changes the status to "Files Received". When we then change the Task Status to "Complete", it deletes the downloaded images (retaining the linked ones) so we don't eat up space long term and so teams are downloading the most recent version each time instead of something that has been static on a project.

Definitely curious about the nuances for doing this for Proofs though - definitely going to follow this thread.

Level 10

I never thought of triggering a task completion upon proof approval, but it would be really useful.