Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Project progress status based off a task approval start date\nReporting

Level 3

I have built a task report that gives me the status of a task task contains build in the name on a project, using the approval path start date

vs the project planned completion date

See attached screen grab

So, on this I can clearly see that based on the build task Approval start date vs Project planned completion date

it was early by 1.27 days so in essence on time (column OTD based on build handover)

And i can see the project status classes as late

Is the below possible

I want to in essence say

if the project has a build task, return the (OTD Based on Build Handover) Value for the build task otherwise return the project progress status

and have this at project level

So, the example below would actually say this project was on time and not late as stated (as we want the build handover to determine this)

Then i want to be able to report on it

Any help appreciated

Many thanks Dan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

it seems like you should be able to do this, but you would just want a really clear and simple way to specify that you are only pulling in build tasks. (Ideally it would NOT be something like "tasks with 'build' in the name of the task" and more concrete, like "tasks with a specific milestone," or "tasks made from this template task")

Other than this, you would simply call the collection of tasks, specify that you are looking for that one task, and then paste in the same formula you came up with for the column in your screenshot.

Here's the link for how to call a collection, in case you need that... https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...