Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Process and tips and trick on how to proof emails in WF

Level 2

Hello, how does your team approach email proofing. Workfront does not seem to be the best place to proof emails. Any tips and tricks? Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nicole - at my old agency we could get a URL for the Email from our tool and that is what we used to proof. If you click Interactive, you can even change the resolution so you can see what the proof will look like on a regular screen, iPhone, Android, etc.

QA could also check the links in the email to see if they went to the right spots.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

Are you saying you have copy and a design that you intend to send out as an email? In that case, I would save as a PDF and send the PDF through Proof.

Level 2

We have an email that has been coded and send out a test email. But we want to use the proofing tool to push that email through a revew. When saving a pdf usually the images don't show up and the proof is not a great tool to use for HTML emails.

How do companies use the proofing tool when it comes to HTML emails that need to be pushed through review and approval

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nicole - at my old agency we could get a URL for the Email from our tool and that is what we used to proof. If you click Interactive, you can even change the resolution so you can see what the proof will look like on a regular screen, iPhone, Android, etc.

QA could also check the links in the email to see if they went to the right spots.

Level 2

Thanks Anthony, i just tested it and it worked perfectly. Thank so much!

Level 10

Here is how we do it. Proof 1 is a JPG of the email design so everyone can review the overall copy and layout. Also the email producer can cut up that jpg and use it for the picture boxes. Her one issue is that she can’t copy the text for those boxes (it’s a jpg) so the referenced Word doc has to be properly updated if there are copy changes that aren’t in a picture box. It is the responsibility of the copywriter to keep the Word doc updated. Then we separately post proofs of any new content such as videos or landing pages for approval. Then we go straight to test emails to everyone’s inbox and skip Workfront since it can’t handle the html code. It works pretty well since our email producer rarely makes mistakes linking to the wrong page and the tests are approved with no changes 95% of the time.