Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Prevent Issue Status Closed

Level 3

Do we have existing settings to prevent issue status from being closed if a custom form is not filled out?

6 Replies

Community Advisor

You can't prevent an issue from being closed based on custom form info, but you could make the fields in your custom form required to ensure they're filled in?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 3

Hi Madalyn, I appreciate the response, but not what I'm trying to achieve. I have a report that I used for my queue, and this issue from this queue is coming from an email with a custom form attachment whose details are empty, and some of our tech tends to forget to fill out those fields that are supposed to be required, but it can still continue to be resolved, resulting in inaccurate data that we are getting. We are trying to prevent this by making Workfront require them to field those fields before they can change the status to resolved or closed. I hope I provided a clearer explanation.

Community Advisor

Since making the fields required and issue/task approvals aren't options for you, the only other thing I can think of is removing the ability for certain ppl to be able to close issues. You could leave the issue manage access only to PMs, for example, that close it when it's truly ok to mark them resolved...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

The closest would be to attach an approval process where users can only set it to "closed-pending approval". Unfortunately someone would still have to come in and inspect the custom form and then close out the issue.

Level 3

Hi Skye, thank you for your response. Yes, but as much as possible, if there's a way we are trying to avoid going on that route, have someone inspect the custom form and then close out. 

Community Advisor

the only other thing I can suggest is to run a report showing the misbehaving fields, and regularly clean it up.